Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hood mode pt. deux

Now that I'm done with school, I've had a lot of time to sit around, do useless things to the car, and eat potato chips. Time to go get a new job and leave my current work place.

Wire wheeled a lot of rust off the hood skeleton, primed, and undercoated the back side of the hood. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I'm actually really satisfied with the results.


Cleaned up, primed, painted and modded the hinges to go vertical, and got new bolts, flat, and lock washers while I was at it.


Ah the simple things. Minor details build the major picture.

Word.

2 comments:

  1. Shit came out pretty good. Only thing is what temp is that undercoating shit good til? Turbo heat+rubber undercoat hopefully doesnt equal messy engine bay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it crossed my mind, but my body guy said to go for it. Said hes done it multiple times. Might as well give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete